Assisted driving features rely on a suite of sensors, such as radar, camera and LIDAR to improve the safety and comfort of the driving experience. For automotive radar applications, Rogers' RF laminates are widely used for PCB-based radar antennas due to our proven stable and reliable RF performance. Rogers' specialty foams provide sealing and vibration protection for all sensor types.
RF Antenna Materials for Automotive Radar Sensors
Rogers’ portfolio of RF laminates and bondplys enable designers to optimize RF performance and cost for front, corner and in-cabin radar antenna designs.
- RO3003G2™ laminates feature best-in-class insertion loss and extremely stable dielectric constant for high performance auto radar PCB antennas.
- RO4830™ laminates provide consistent electrical performance and the lowest total material and PCB fabrication costs.
- CLTE-MW™ laminates offer similar performance to RO3003G2 laminates, incorporating woven glass fabric, and additional dielectric thickness options.
- Inner layers and bondplys for multi-RF layer auto radar antenna designs
- RO4835™ LoPro® and RO4835T™ laminates
- RO4400™/RO4400T™ series bondply and SpeedWave® 300P prepreg
Sealing and Vibration Protection for All Automotive Sensors
Rogers offers a comprehensive portfolio of material solutions that solve sensor sealing and vibration design challenges.
- PORON® polyurethane and BISCO® silicone materials offer great compression set resistance, ensuring a tight seal is maintained throughout the life of the vehicle.
- BISCO® silicones exhibit excellent sealing performance with providing resistance to UV, ozone and extreme temperatures.
- PORON® polyurethanes deliver reliable vibration dampening for sensor units, as well as noise reduction.